Thursday, March 20, 2014

First Day of SPRING!

"They" are calling for periods of sun and 50-some degrees.
I believe that means it's time to make sun tea on the sun porch.


I shall enjoy the tea brewing in the sun-warmed porch.
Because the sun porch is not heated....unless the sun is heating it.


Forsythia is easy to force.  This isn't ours, but I think I'll wander out back and pick a few branches to bring indoors.  I'll put them out of the cats' reach.

Wishing you a day of springtime delights!
Even if it doesn't feel like spring where you are.......spring IS happening below the surface, I promise!

Carol

8 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Forsythia is one of my favorites! Just gorgeous. I just love trees and shrubs that bloom yellow!

We woke up to a chilly morning. But I am not complaining!

xoxoxox

Sheila

Wanda said...

I would so love to have a "sun porch"...yours look so welcoming with that sun tea brewing.

We have Spring in So.CA. I love warm weather...thinking of my friends who welcomed more snow today.

Sending smiles and hugs

Linda O'Connell said...

I would so enjoy a sun porch, and I do enjoy "shopping the curb", but the one thing that will make me rejoice is when I see a forsythia in full bloom. Spring is toying with us...another cold snap this weekend. Have a wonderful day.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Oh I love a sunny window! You have a wonderful porch for seeing the seasons unfold. Happy spring!

podso said...

Such a pretty view of your sun porch, and sun tea brings back memories. My niece has taught me to make "patience tea"--just to sit it on the counter, not in the sun. It works but I mostly make fruit tea that way, like blueberry or raspberry tea.

Sue said...

Haven't had tea made by the sun in awhile Carol, thanks for reminding it's that time again. The Forsythia is beautiful, enjoy the blooms indoor. Enjoy your weekend.
Sue

Vee said...

Is that forsythia blooming in real time? Amazing! The sun tea looks so pretty on you sweet sun porch. I never have any luck making sun tea. Is there a secret?

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, look how pretty your front porch is! So warm and inviting. I like iced-tea lots but I am still a bit too chilly to enjoy it. We also have a ways to go to enjoy beautiful forsythia. Lovely photo!