Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I've got something....for YOU!

I trekked through the snow. My left foot is still wet. But it was worth it....for YOU.

I headed for this faux fence made from an extremely large, found pallet.


Because I watch for the bright yellow of spring here, every year.


Yellow is such a cheerful, joyful color, isn't it??!
The seasonal finding reminds me of something I am living this very season.
Just because it doesn't necessarily FEEL like Spring, or LOOK like Spring......


....doesn't mean it ISN'T Spring.
We don't see under the snow, beneath the surface of the ground.
We pray and long for Spring.
We trust that it will come.  Because we have never known it not to.


God's working is a lot like that.
We pray.  Pray some more.  Circle promises, people, circumstances, in prayer.
It doesn't look like anything is happening.
Where are the answers to our hundreds of prayers, our hours on our knees?

Our role is to trust Him.  Relinquish ourselves, our circumstances, our grief to Him.
Because when we do, He WILL work.
We trust.
He works.

After all, if we can trust our ETERNITY to Him, can't we trust the temporal?


And this I can promise you.  You can stand on this.

He. Is. Working.

God is fighting for us behind the scenes, in so many ways that we will never see this side of heaven.  Sometimes we get a glimpse.

But really, we have no idea.

"Trust not on your own understanding."

........It was 65 degrees outside today, and when we took a walk around the neighborhood, we found this CROCUS blooming!  What a surprise!  And the sunshine felt soooo good on our backs as we walked..........

God is good.
He is working.
Our role is to trust.

Be blessed today.  Even if it doesn't feel like a blessed day. It's Spring, you know.

Even though it isn't supposed to get above 24 degrees on Thursday.

;),

Carol




12 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Boy, did I need to hear this. I have a friend going through a trial, and this is the perfect analogy for her. Thanks for sharing, Carol, and be blessed in return!

xo

Sheila

elizabeth said...

What are those yellow flowers called? I just love the fact that God is at work making beauty when all we can see is the mess. :)

Linda O'Connell said...

This was a lovely message of hope and promise. Yesterday it was 82 degrees in St. Louis and this morning we have snow. I thrill at the first signs of spring, affirmation that life renews as God promises.

Kathy Moreland said...

What a wonderful post! I am so happy He works behind the scenes, because we sure can make some messes!

Beautiful flowers! Hope SPRINGS eternal!!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Such a nice message you left for me, and a beautiful message here. I'm glad you are finally getting some signs of spring. I wonder what summer will be like this year?

victorian parlor II said...

Thank you for blessing me with this post. It was what I needed today:).

Blessings,

Kim

Thistle Cove Farm said...

A fire was laid and started in the last 20 minutes...it's sleety, cold and spring doesn't want to come so your photo is welcomed and appreciated.

Heaven's Walk said...

What a beautiful end to my day, Connie! To see bare ground - without snow - AND crocuses, truly made my heart sing! Thank you for this blessing today, sweetie! We still have 2 feet of snow on the ground! lol I pray that you have a beautiful week!

xoxo laurie

Janette's Sage/Simply Your Decor said...

I had similar thoughts the other day when I saw some flowers poking through the dead plants in the flower bed, while cold breeze hitting my face. Yes, prayers on our knees,waiting for answered prayers.

Debbie Koperski said...

Hi Carol,
I'm here from Glory to Glory, and the Link Up party. It's nice to see flowers popping up here on your blog. I live in northern-lower Michigan, where we have no flowers yet...just the green stems, and leaves coming up through the dirt. This gives me hope that we will eventually see some flower heads on the tops of those stems!
Enjoy the rest of your week!
Debbie
xo

living from glory to glory said...

Dear Carol, This was like a story written for so many who are feeling the effects of a long winter.
You are so right about not always seeing the answers to our prayers. But we know it is doing something even though our natural eyes cannot perceive it! Thanks so much for sharing on the Link Up party! I hope you will come again next week!
Blessings to you!, Roxy

Stephanie said...

Hi there! I am visiting from Roxy's link-up party and may I just say that your beautiful yellow flowers are just what I needed this evening :) They are so bright and cheerful - thank you for sharing!

I am a happy new follower and I look forward to visiting again. Hugs!