Thursday, May 1, 2014

It Felt Like Friday.......

But it was Thursday.  And the sun was in and out all day.
I kept chasing it though, and got some sunny shots for you!

It was a nice day to putter about outside.  My mom had given me a flower arrangement for Easter, so I broke it up into different pots for outdoors.


 Here's my favorite little planter.  Because it's my favorite color and because it's a teacup!


I pulled out the chairs and re-furnished this back porch.  Mister picked up this wonderful chair at a vintage shoppe a few years ago.


I do love a dianthus!!!  And the mum is a cheerful yellow too....look at all those blooms!


 The little pots on the table hold a marigold and an ageratum.


All the chairs on this porch rock.  Literally!
And then....there's my hammock swing.  Blissful.


The surprise lilies are growing like crazy.  The leaves will disappear in a few weeks, and then in midsummer the lilies will bloom on tall leafless stalks where you see the leaves now.

Hoping you are seeing some sun coming your way!

Carol

Joining Courtney for Feathered Nest Friday  (frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com)

8 comments:

Vee said...

The lilies sound so intriguing. Hope that you'll show them again. I love it when I can set up the deck. Perhaps in three or four weeks. Sun will be in and out for a week or so here. I am smiling to see your new garage back there.

Trisha said...

Yay that spring is finally here! Beautiful flowers!

~Trisha

podso said...

Our flowers are pretty healthy so far this year too--maybe because it's been a cool spring. I'm glad to know the name of those little purple flowers!

Linda O'Connell said...

Well your Mister found a beautiful rocker! Spring has to happen soon. The heat is back on in St. Louis, but the weather people are predicting warmer days next week. Your flowers make me want to sit outdoors and read.

Kathy Moreland said...

Everything looks so pretty! We've been in SW GA at the lakehouse, and it has rained constantly. We came back to NE Ga today to blue sky and sunshine!! Maybe I can get outside and at least rinse off some pollen. Happy Spring!

Cheryl said...

Your porch is so inviting! You have such lovely sitting places at your house! And now pretty flowers are in view...

Lynn@Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Lovin' the brick border around your birdbath! I've been patiently(?) waiting for some consistently nice weather, hopefully this weekend-enjoy:@)

Saleslady371 said...

I like all the photos. Lovely teacup planter. beautiful deck.