Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Thanks

Thanks......as in the noun.
It's my "word" for this season, perhaps this year.

Chickie and I returned to Longwood Gardens this week, to see spring in its glory.
"I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder."   G.K.Chesterton



"Lord, if thanks is the highest form of thought, make it my first thought.  Turn me towards thanks first - so my life doesn't turn into the last thing I'd hoped for."  Ann Voskamp



"The stability of the world depends on this rejoicing of God in His works."  John Calvin



"The answer to anxiety is the adoration of Christ."  Ann Voskamp

It's not exaggerating to say that I see the glory of God every single day in His creation.  Whether it be the glory of nature, the thoughtful, perfect striping on a tabby cat, the subtle daily change of the seasons, sunrises and sunsets.....all invoke worship daily for me.

Is it any wonder that growing things grow heavenward, reaching for light?  I don't think so.  All a part of glorifying its Creator.

He loads blessings on us every day.  Blessings. Gifts. Graces.  All undeserved, but all because of His goodness and His love for us.

The lesson is to learn to keep eyes fixed on Him, as we forge ahead with joy through a life that must include trials and tribulation.  I'd say it's an ongoing process here on earth.

Be blessed!

Carol

8 comments:

Sue said...

So beautifully written Carol, the gardens are lovely too! You are so right about keeping our eyes fixed on him as we journey through this life with its trial and tribulation. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on "Thanks", I leave encouraged and blessed.
Sue

Vee said...

Beautifully said. Longwood Gardens is such a beautiful spot...such a lovely backdrop for your thoughts.

Heaven's Walk said...

Beautiful post, Carol! Eucharisteo, my friend!! ♥

xoxo laurie

podso said...

The tulips are so gorgeous. What wonderful color. I love that Chesterton quote!

Debbie said...

My favorite post of yours ever. I loved this. I loved the photos and the quotes, and I realllllly loved this:

"Is it any wonder that growing things grow heavenward, reaching for light? I don't think so. All a part of glorifying its Creator."

Cheryl said...

Hmmmm...and there is no way to grumble when we are thankful. Hmmmm...

Patricia R said...

Thankfulness--
in asking God that I may grow heavenward a little bit more each day!
Loved this--and needed to read it today.
be blessed friend!
Pat

Janette's Sage/Simply Your Decor said...

This are just beautiful and all the words so true. Oh what truth in "as we forge ahead with joy through a life that must include trials and tribulation." Yes, and Yes.